Friday, August 18, 2006

As said earlier, there would most likely be a car change early next year.

1. Honda Integra 2.0 GSR - 160 BHP
2. Mazda RX-8 1.3 Rotary - 231 BHP
3. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX - 320 BHP
4. Subaru Impreza 2.5 WRX AWD - 230 BHP
5. Hyundai Tuscani 2.0 FX - 143 BHP

Integra, albeit not the slowest and second least powerful amongst the 5, it is a Honda. i-VTEC engine isn't as powerful as it's brother, the Type-R Integra, which is sold off PIs. It still is attractive to drive isn't it.

When you're spoilt for choice, it's really hard to decide. I would love to own myself a rotary engine RX-8. The power and perfect 50-50 weight distribution chasis is alluring. 231 BHP in your hands. Woah.


Third contestant needs little/no introduction at all. Most powerful in it's category. Everyone wants one. Yea. But the fuel consumption is worse than a rotary or a WRX. As with all fast cars doesn't it? I don't know, but it just doesn't douse much interest for me. Maybe it's too quick? Maybe it looks too ah beng? I don't know. Just don't like it even with the monstrous 320BHP tag on it.

Now, what can I say about the WRX. AWD, limitless traction, every boyracer's fantasy, even the cops use it to hunt racers. Hrmm.. 2.5litre turbocharged engine. Beats most machines hands-down, except the rotary. Honestly. Doesn't need much introduction, does it? FC-wise, it'll kill you as much as the rotary.

The final contender, the Hyundai Coupe. Or should I say, Tuscani. Whatever it is, it's a fair deal the Korean carmakers put in effort churning out this sophisticated yet tame beast. Only standing at a mere 143 BHP, not quick. But a headturner. Definitely worth considering.

You might be thinking, why didn't I include the likes of the famous Nissan Fairlady? Well, it's simple. I'm looking for, NOT a 2-seater. :) As simple as that. Otherwise, I'd have easily listed down the Honda S2000 and theNissan Fairlady.

Oh well.. see how la. Who knows I might still stick to my lovely Getz. It isn't any sports car, nor is it turbocharged, nor supercharged, it's fun and practical to drive around. Just a mere 1.6Litre engine, but hey. It's the driver. Not the car that counts. Haha.. Wouldn't mind putting a turbo in one day though.. Shhhh.. don't tell LTA.

Hope some peeps can give me some comments here though on the cars.

Peace.

Ji